The Bluebells Community
The Bluebells Community is an initiative by Shabia Walia, a media professional who wanted to give back to society in her own small way. Shabia has a lot of goodwill in her professional field having been in it for the last 24 years and she often wondered how she could use this goodwill for the larger benefit of the underprivileged.
In February 2015, the eureka moment happened and Shabia formed a group of 70 people whom she knew and started 'The Bluebells Community'. The members call themselves messengers of help. The aim is to spread smiles amongst the underprivileged and help those who reach out to us in any way.
Some of the projects 'Bluebells' has done in the past 1 year are :
1) Raised almost 20 lakhs for Saba from Karachi who is suffering from Wilson's disease through the campaign #SaveSaba. The campaign became a nationwide movement where Shabia's appeal of 'No Borders, Only Love' got much support and encouragement on both sides of the border. The campaign was propagated by all media and Saba became a darling of the nation with contributions flowing in from india, Dubai, Pakistan and New Jersey.
2) We adopted Balgram, an orphanage in Beed housing 45 kids and got a well dug there to sort out their water scarcity problems by raising 2.5 lakhs.
3) We supply monthly groceries to our Beed children every month amounting to almost 45000/-.
4) Last month we raised funds for an entire years school fees and got the 45 Beed kids transferred to a good school.
5) Harshit & Nayan from Kalyan, Mumbai whose father suffers from a kidney disease, ran a risk of discontinuing school due to lack of fees. TBBC stepped in and paid off their entire year's school fees worth 29000/-
6) We support 'Team spreading smiles' whenever and wherever we can in helping out 13 orphanages in Mumbai.
7) We support and lend money to different causes on Milaap. From funding a sewing machine to a lady in Orissa, to raising funds for a 3 year old kid suffering from leukemia to lending funds for kids education to helping women to build a toilet, we step in whenever we can.
8) We support Dreamz Home, an orphanage in Mumbai which looks after the old and the aged. We help the, with groceries worth Rs. 15000/- every month and also step in whenever the need arises. Members of our community have helped them add an additional staying facility in Karjat by raising 1.40 lakhs.
'The Bluebells Community' efforts have been widely covered by the media from time to time. Some of the links are given below :
If you want to experience the joy of giving and want to know how to help or contribute, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can directly contribute to our orphanages at the below links.